Here are some valuable questions to ask yourself as you are building your syllabus and assignments:
1) Before you teach, how do you learn about what students already know about the content/skills to be taught?
2) How will you establish that content to be taught is accurate and that how you are going to teach it will promote understanding?
3) How will you include learning experiences that will help make the information relevant to today’s students?
4) How will your class(es) help prepare students for their lives beyond school?
5) How will what students are learning in your class help motivate them to learn more?
6) Where in your class(es) will you require active participation of students in their own learning?
7) Where in your class(es) will students develop meaningful conversation, reflection and thinking? How will you become a part of these processes?
8) In what way will you take into consideration the differences of the students (i.e. higher level vs. lower level or learning style differences)?